IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES
How We Use and Protect Personal Information
AARP Roadside Assistance is offered in association with AARP® and AARP Services, Inc. ("AARP Services") through Signature Motor Club, Inc., and Signature Motor Club of California, Inc. ("Signature Motor Club"). This website is owned and operated by the Signature Motor Club for the benefit of AARP Roadside Assistance members.
Both AARP and the owners of Signature Motor Club are committed to protecting customer information and each has its own separate privacy policies to explain how each uses and protects your non-public personal information.
Signature Motor Club's standard Privacy Notice follows:
Signature Motor Club
IMPORTANT PRIVACY CHOICES
How We Use and Protect Personal Information
At Signature Motor Club, protecting your privacy is very important to us. Signature Motor Club is offered by Signature Motor Club, Inc., and Signature Motor Club of California, Inc. We value your trust. We want you to understand what information we collect, how we protect it, and how we may use it. We treat non-public personal information ("NPI") that identifies you with respect and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. NPI is vital to Signature Motor Club in meeting our goal to provide you with products and services.
This Privacy Notice is designed to provide information regarding how we collect, use and disclose personal information we gather when you visit us on the World Wide Web. This Privacy Notice is currently applicable only to our United States customers and visitors when they interact with our website.
Our Privacy Notice
This is our Privacy Notice:
- We will describe the NPI we collect, how we protect it, and how we may use it.
- Where required by law, we will (1) provide customers our Privacy Notice at the start of their membership, (2) provide current customers our Privacy Notice each year, and (3) provide current customers a revised Notice whenever we materially change our Privacy Notice.
- We will maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect NPI we obtain about our customers.
- We will not share NPI with others or consumer report information with Signature companies (except as permitted by law), unless we have provided you with a chance to opt out. That is, you may opt out by telling us not to share your NPI.
- Where required by law, we will honor an opt out request at any time and will remind current customers each year of their right to opt out.
- We will require servicing companies to whom we disclose NPI to adhere to our Privacy Notice.
- We will keep your health information confidential. We will not disclose it to outside companies without your permission, except as permitted by law.
- We will also comply with any other state requirements that relate to the use and protection of NPI. In states with more restrictive laws, we may provide a separate notice of those requirements.
Information We May CollectWe may obtain NPI to provide you with products and services you have requested and to service your membership. We may collect NPI that identifies you and describes how to contact you. We may also collect NPI on your transaction and experience information. We may collect this NPI from you, our affiliates and outside companies. We have listed examples below of the sources and types of NPI we may collect.
- Applications, registration forms or other forms that contain your name, address, phone number, social security number, e-mail address, income, assets, vehicle information, policies and accounts with others
- Your transactions or experiences with Signature Motor Club.
Information We May Disclose and To Whom We May Disclose InformationWe may disclose the NPI we collect. Unless specifically stated below, you cannot opt out of these disclosures. The service providers and others to whom we disclose NPI are obliged to use such information only for the purposes stated. Disclosures may be made as stated below.
Disclosures To Service ProvidersWe may disclose NPI we collect to others, such as insurance agents, banks, administrators, towing companies, software consultants and other third parties that provide services for us. These services may include:
- Administrative or customer support;
- Printing and delivering statements and other documents; and
- Protecting against fraud.
Disclosures To Outside CompaniesWe may disclose NPI we collect to outside companies for marketing and related purposes, unless you have opted out. These may include:
- Banks, insurance or other financial companies;
- Retailers or direct marketers; and
- Non-profit or social organizations.
Disclosures to Marketing FirmsWe may disclose NPI we collect to companies with which we have marketing arrangements. These would include:
- Companies that help us market our products and services; and
- Financial institutions with which we have joint marketing arrangements to offer financial products or services.
Other Disclosures Permitted By LawWe may make further disclosures of NPI as permitted or required by law. For example, we may disclose NPI to law enforcement agencies or state insurance or health care authorities.
When We Will Notify YouWhere required by law, if you are a current customer, we will send a Privacy Notice to you each year. If you no longer have a customer relationship with us, we will continue to follow our Privacy Notice and practices. In that event, you will not receive future Notices from us. We will always post our current Privacy Notice on our website.
Change In Privacy NoticeWe reserve the right to change or add to our Privacy Notice at any time. If we make material changes, where required by law, we will provide current customers with a revised notice. This Notice will describe our new practices and will give them a chance to opt out, where permitted, under the revised Privacy Notice. We will always post our current Privacy Notice on our website.
Our Security ProceduresWe maintain procedures and technology designed to prevent unauthorized access to NPI. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural protections in accordance with applicable standards to protect NPI. We restrict access to NPI to employees and others for lawful business purposes to assist in providing products or services to you. Employees who violate our Privacy Notice are subject to disciplinary action.
In addition to the Privacy Notice outlined above, the following online privacy principles apply when you visit us on the World Wide Web.
Online Information and Collection
You can visit us on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are and without revealing anything about yourself, including your e-mail address. Our Web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, such as aol.com. We may also collect the website you came from and visit next.
- We may measure the number of visits, average time spent, and other data about visitors to our website in general. We may also use this data to monitor site performance and to make the site easier and more convenient to use. We may use this in the course of delivering an advertisement to you. We may also summarize data about our customers, sales, traffic patterns, and services, and provide these statistics to third parties. However, when we provide this to others, it will not include any information that identifies an individual.
Links to Other Websites
Information from Children
We do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not intentionally market our products or services to children.
We use encryption and authentication tools to protect information we gather on our website. E-mail communications outside of our website, however, may not be protected. If you are sending us an e-mail communication that includes highly confidential information, such as a credit card number, you may want to call us or send it by regular mail.
In some cases, you may be able to update certain information that you provided to us. This may require you to use a unique user name and password (or "PIN"). Also, where the capability exists, you may request that we modify or delete information we have gathered during your visit to our website.
As a visitor to our website, you may have access to certain features without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. We will not gather any information about you when you are using these features. We may require you to become a registered member in order to gain access to and use other features. Once you become a registered member, we may collect personal information when you use our website.
"Opting Out" - Consumer Selections Regarding Information SharingWe are committed to protecting NPI. We commit to using or sharing it in ways that will improve or expand upon the services we provide to you. We also want you to know that -- as a valued customer -- you may request that we not share certain information through an opt out response.
Note: if you have previously provided us with your opt out request, you do not need to submit another request. We will continue to honor your initial opt out selections.
Sharing Personal Information with Outside CompaniesIf you prefer that we not share NPI about you with outside companies, you may opt out. That is, you may direct us at any time not to disclose this information to outside companies. If you wish to opt out of this type of sharing, simply notify us as described below and your request will be honored.
We may continue, however, to share NPI under a servicing or joint marketing arrangement with an outside company or as permitted by law. We may also continue to share public information and information that does not identify you.
It is important for you to know that this opt out only applies to the NPI collected by Signature Motor Club.
Instructions On How To Notify UsWhen you become a registered member of the Signature Motor Club, we will send you complete instructions on how to exercise your opt out selections.
The practices and policies contained in this Privacy Notice replace all previous notices or statements with respect to the same subject.
This Privacy Notice will not apply to your relationships with financial service providers, such as banks and independent insurance agents. Their privacy policies will govern how they collect, use and disclose NPI that you allow them to access.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the information collection practices of Signature Motor Club.